Job Title: Manager - Huddle Up Moms Support Shop
Location: Roanoke, VA
Position Type: Part Time, Contract (15-25 hrs per week, non-benefitted)
Huddle Up Moms began in Southwest Virginia with the mission of empowering mothers through education, connection, and support. We aim to fuel meaningful connections within our community by working collaboratively with other organizations that promote women’s health and wellness. We believe that all mothers deserve to flourish in all aspects of their lives.
We know it takes a village to raise a family and we want to provide women the resources they need locally to build that family. We believe in empowering women to prioritize their well-being and in connecting mothers to the support they need to be happy, healthy, and confident.
Our goal is to sustain a community-based organization that supports women on their
motherhood journeys in Southwest Virginia.
Huddle Up Moms' Support Shop provides mothers with the essential items they need to support themselves and their families. The support shop is unique to this area in that there are no “qualifying factors' ' meaning they do not have to be on specifica insurance plan, have a financial need, or meet criteria to be eligible. We are actively working to fill the gap between those who may or may not qualify for programs but still have a need. The resources include baby formula, baby care items, household goods, and clothing. The Support Shop is made possible via donations from community partners, businesses, and individuals. We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Manager to lead the shop's operations and ensure that mothers and families receive the support they need during their journey through motherhood.
As the Manager of the Support Shop, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the intake and distribution of donations, maintaining the shop's organization, coordinating volunteers, and providing assistance to mothers in need. You will be responsible for creating and implementing efficient processes to streamline the donation intake system while ensuring a welcoming and supportive environment for all mothers who reach out for help. Our future plan is to be one of the only diaper banks/banking systems in Southwest Virginia and want to find someone who is dedicated to growing this program in a meaningful way.
1. Donation Process Enhancement:
- Develop and implement efficient donation intake processes, including scheduling, sorting, and storage.
- Continuously seek ways to improve operations and increase the shop's capacity to serve mothers effectively.
2. Donation Management:
- Accept, sort, and inventory donations of diapers, formula, wipes, and other relevant materials.
- Ensure the quality and safety of donated items, adhering to safety and health guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of donations, tracking inventory levels, and managing distribution.
3. Volunteer Coordination:
- Train, and schedule volunteers to assist with shop maintenance and donation processing.
- Provide clear guidance and supervision to volunteers, fostering a positive and collaborative atmosphere.
5. Client Support:
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from mothers in need with empathy and understanding.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the dignity of all clients.
- Offer guidance and referrals to additional resources when appropriate.
6. Community Engagement:
- In partnership with the Director of Community Engagement, foster positive relationships with donors, local businesses, and community partners
- Participate in outreach and fundraising events to support the shop's sustainability and growth as needed.
- Coordinate and host several city-wide diaper drives within the year. Potential options include: school districts/ libraries/ local businesses.
7. Shop Organization:
- Keep the shop clean, organized, and welcoming for visitors.
- Create an attractive and functional display of available items for mothers to easily access.
- Regularly assess and update inventory to meet the needs of mothers and infants.
- High School or GED Equivalent. Bachelor's degree (preferred).
- Previous experience in nonprofit management, volunteer engagement, social services, or a similar role.
- Retail or inventory management experience, a plus.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with individuals facing challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Basic computer skills for record-keeping and inventory management.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and 3 personal or professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Manager - Support Shop Application" in the subject line.
Huddle Up Moms is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified individuals, including mothers with lived experiences, to apply.
Join our team and make a meaningful difference in the lives of mothers and families in our community. Together, we can provide the support they need to thrive during their motherhood journey.